Business insurance advice and quotes at your fingertips.
Situated North East of Sydney, Newcastle metropolitan area is the second most populated area in the state of New South Wales and the predominant city in the Hunter Region. The city is famous for its coal production, boasting the largest coal exporting harbour in the world.
There are approximately 320,000 people employed by businesses operating in the Hunter region, which contributes around 8% of the NSW Gross State Product. The biggest industries in terms of employment are Health Care/Social Assistance Manufacturing and Retail.
At PSC Direct, we understand the risks that businesses operating in this area are exposed to. Combining our in-depth knowledge of the area with experience covering businesses in Newcastle, we are able source the most appropriate cover for businesses in this region.
Our Insurance Brokers can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What Are the Specific Risks Faced By Newcastle Businesses?
In December 1989, Newcastle experienced an earthquake that measured 5.6 on the Richter scale. Property and business owners felt the damages of the quake across the region, with many properties having to be destroyed or have repair work carried out. When a natural disaster like this strikes, it can be difficult for businesses to recover financially, as they incur significant costs to repair and replace damaged property.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers Newcastle specialise in sourcing appropriate policies in order to ensure your property is fully covered if a destructive event such as this occurs.
The Hunter and Central Coast regions are often exposed to severe storms. The worst in recent years was in June 2007, when the area was battered by the worst series of storms to hit New South Wales in 30 years, resulted in extensive flooding. Thousands of homes and businesses were flooded and many were destroyed and The Hunter and Central Coast regions were declared natural disaster areas by the state Premier.
This severe weather can cause destruction to business property and assets across the sate. As such, it is imperative that businesses in Newcastle have their property adequately covered. At PSC Direct, we know that your property is your business’ biggest asset and should be protected.
Import / Export
Newcastle is known for manufacturing coal, soap and steel, which is transported both nationally and internationally. Businesses involved in the loading, transportation and unloading of goods, on both a national and/or international scale, are exposed to a varied set of diverse risks that are unique to the nature of the work. There are several hazards that are common to all who deal with the transportation of goods such as theft, staff injury, vehicle collision and fire.
At PSC Direct, we understand that all Newcastle based Import and Export companies are as unique as the goods they transport, and as such it is important to find a policy that addresses the specific needs of each business.
Newcastle holds a variety of cultural events and festivals annually. From The Newcastle Regional Show to The Mattara festival, The Newcastle Jazz Festival and The Shoot Out 24 Hour Filmmaking Festival. The Newcastle Entertainment Centre, located inside the Newcastle Showground is a popular venue for regular events including wrestling, concerts and monster truck shows.
In the entertainment, sports and leisure industries, multi-million dollar decisions are made each day, and the risks that these events are exposed to are as varied and dynamic as the productions, events and people who participate. It’s important that the event organisers and participants are fully covered with appropriate insurance.
Our Insurance Partners
What Do Insurance Brokers Newcastle Do?
At PSC Direct, we know that choosing the right cover for your business can be complicated, but we also know that it is necessary to fully protect your business assets and livelihood. That’s why we make it easy for you to get the cover you need, when you need it.
Our Insurance Brokers will apply their expert risk management experience with their knowledge of the region to source appropriate cover. The insurance cover most appropriate for your business depends on your business’ circumstances, industry and location. Covers we may suggest for businesses in the Newcastle region may include:
- Business Building Insurance: Providing your company with financial protection in the event that your building is damaged or requires structural improvements as a result of flood, fire, earthquake, theft, burglary or storm damage.
- Cyber Insurance: An insurance product used to protect businesses from risks relating to information technology infrastructure and activities. It is a specific insurance policy designed to cover against losses incurred as a result of data destruction, extortion, theft and hacking.
- Directors and Officers Insurance: Offering liability cover for company managers. It is designed to protect them from claims that may arise from the decisions and actions that they take within the scope of their regular duties.
- Electronic Equipment Insurance: Covering your business for the associated costs and losses in the event that any of your electronic equipment (such as computers, laptops or telephones) breakdown.
- Import Export Insurance: Covering the risks of loss or damage to goods and merchandise while in transit by any method of transport including sea, rail, road or air, and while in storage anywhere between the points of origin and final destination.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Protecting professionals against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties, which may arise out of an act, omission or breach of professional duty in the course of their business.
Get a Quote
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
If you are a Newcastle-based business owner, we can find a policy to suit your unique requirements.