Business insurance advice and quotes at your fingertips.
Hobart is the capital and most populous city of the Australian island state of Tasmania, and contributes significantly to the nation’s economy. The economy of Hobart itself is heavily reliant on the sea and it is the home-port for the Antarctic activities of both Australia and France. The city also supports many other industries such as manufacturing, construction and tourism.
Hobart is home to over 200,000 people, over 6,000 businesses, and is considered to be the financial and administrative heart of Tasmania. Hobart based businesses not only support the Australian economy as a whole but also the local community that they operate in by providing employment opportunities and consuming locally produced goods. These businesses should be protected.
Our Insurance Brokers can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
At PSC Direct, we understand the risks that businesses operating in Hobart are exposed to. Combining our in-depth knowledge of the area and with our insurance expertise and experience, we are able to source the most appropriate cover for companies based in the region.
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What Are the Specific Risks Faced By Hobart Businesses?
Hobart’s proximity to the Antarctic means it has become an ‘Antarctic Gateway’ city. It is the homeport for the Australian and French Antarctic programs, and loads around 2,000 tonnes of Antarctic cargo a year.
Businesses involved in the loading, transportation and unloading of goods, on both a national and/or international scale, are exposed to a varied set of risks that are unique to the nature of the work. Hazards common to this sector include theft, staff injury, vehicle collision, issues with load securing and fire. Operating in the import / export industry, it’s important that your assets are fully covered with an appropriate insurance policy. PSC Direct Insurance Brokers Hobart specialise in sourcing appropriate policies in order to ensure you are fully covered.
Hobart is a hub for cruise ships during the summer months, docking up to 40 ships during the course of the season. Visitors by sea and by air come to the city to explore its historic inner suburbs, try the acclaimed restaurants and cafes, and experience the music and nightlife culture.
Businesses operating within the tourism sector contribute significantly to the economy of the state. These businesses are exposed to certain risks, and managers and business owners often have to deal with a wide array of human behaviour. At PSC Direct, we have insured several hospitality businesses, and know the specific types of cover that you are likely to need in this industry.
Hobart is home to several cultural events each year. Constitution Dock is the arrival point for Yachts after they have completed the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race, which is celebrated as part of the Hobart Summer Festival. The city is also the finishing point of the Targa Tasmania rally car event, which is held annually. Other events include the Tulip Festival at the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens and the Australian Wooden Boat Festival.
It’s important that those responsible for holding or coordinating these events are fully protected in case something goes wrong. PSC Direct can ensure that businesses involved in these events, and their attendees, are covered if the worst happens.
Our Insurance Partners
What Do Insurance Hobart Canberra Do?
At PSC Direct, our experienced brokers have insured a number of businesses in Canberra and across the ACT. We apply our expert knowledge of risk exposures in the area to source the most appropriate cover for each individual business that we deal with.
The most appropriate cover for your business is dependant on a number of factors, such as the industry you operate in, the number of employees you have, and the type of products or service that you offer. The following covers may be relevant for businesses in Canberra:
- Business Pack Insurance: Providing a wide range of insurance protection for your business, with Business Pack Insurance you can tailor the cover to suit your company’s specific needs.
- Event Insurance: Protecting your business property from perils such as fire, theft and natural disaster.
- Public Liability Insurance:Public Liability Insurance protects you and your business against the financial risk of being found liable to a third party for death or injury, loss or damage of property or economic loss resulting from your negligence.
- Import Export Insurance: Import Export Insurance covers the risks of loss or damage to goods and merchandise while in transit by any method of transport including sea, rail, road or air, and while in storage anywhere between the points of origin and final destination.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed to protect professionals against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties, which may arise out of an act, omission or breach of professional duty in the course of their business.
- Marine Cargo Insurance: Marine Cargo Insurance covers the risks of loss or damage to goods and merchandise while in transit by any method of transport including sea, rail, road or air, and while in storage anywhere between the points of origin and final destination.
Get a Quote
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
If you are a Hobart-based business owner, we can find a policy to suit your unique requirements.