As a tradie, people rely on you to fix things when they go wrong; but can the same be said for your business? At PSC Direct, protecting your business is our number one priority, that’s why we’ve put together a Tradies Insurance pack that will protect you, your business and your family from the financial impact in the event that things go wrong.
What is Tradies Insurance?
Tradies Insurance is a specialist insurance policy curated to address the specific risks that Tradesmen are exposed to in their line of work.
According to industry figures, tradesmen make up the overwhelming majority of income protection claims. It is vital to have quality Tradies Insurance to protect you, your business and your family from the financial impact when things go wrong.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
PSC Direct offers Tradesman Insurance for Tradies operating across a range of sectors, including:
- Blind Installers Insurance
- Bricklayers Insurance
- Builders Insurance
- Carpenters Insurance
- Carpet Cleaners Insurance
- Carpet Layers Insurance
- Cleaners Insurance
- Concreters Insurance
- Data Cabling Installers Insurance
- Earthmoving Insurance
- Electricians Insurance
- Flooring Installers Insurance
- Gardeners Insurance
- Handyman Insurance
- Kitchen Installers Insurance
- Locksmiths Insurance
- Mechanics Insurance
- Mobile Mechanics Insurance
- Painters Insurance
- Plasterers Insurance
- Plumbers Insurance
- Roofing Contractors Insurance
- Sole Trader Insurance
- Solar Panel Installers Insurance
- Subcontractor Insurance
- Tradies Insurance
- Water Tank Installers Insurance
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Tradies?
With the nature of the work and industry they are in, Tradies face a significant number of risks on a daily basis.
While every trade is different, there are several common risks that tradies should be aware of whatever their niche, for example:
- A self-employed electrician is seriously injured on the job and as a result he cannot work for 3 months. His business overheads don’t stop, but his income does. Tradies Insurance could help him by paying a monthly benefit.
- A plumber digs a ditch in the backyard of a property but doesn’t mark it clearly, resulting in a client falling and injuring themselves. The plumber is held liable and taken to court. His Tradies Insurance may cover legal defence costs and any compensation pay out.
- A mechanic has her garage broken into and all of her tools stolen. She is unable to work without them. With appropriate Tradies insurance, the cost of repairing or replacing these business items may be covered.
- A roofer’s van is written off after catching fire. The Business Vehicle component of his Tradies Insurance pack may cover the cost of replacing the vehicle and its contents.
- An electrician rewires part of a house and inadvertently starts a small fire which causes minor property damage. Her Tradies Insurance policy may cover the cost of the repairs that she was responsible for.
Who Needs Tradies Insurance?
Given the dangerous nature of trades work, Tradies Insurance is vital for anyone operating in the industry; from self-employed workers to businesses with several employees.
Furthermore, if you are employed as a subcontractor on a project, don’t assume that the contractor or builder has covered your personal insurance risks with their policies. Securing appropriate cover for yourself and your company should be a your number one priority before starting any job.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The specialist insurance brokers at PSC Direct have considerable experience in sourcing insurance for small to medium sized businesses across Australia. We pride ourselves in our ability to consider every business’s unique requirements and match the most appropriate insurance policy to cover the specific needs of our customers.
Having insured thousands of other small to medium businesses across Australia, we have a comprehensive database of insures and insurance products that we can access to source the right cover at the right place.
As part of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses, PSC Direct has established relationships with a range of leading insurers and underwriters which gives us access to a range of premiums. Furthermore, as we operate online with reduced overheads, we are able to pass cost savings on to our customers.
We understand that insurance can be complicated, but we also know that protecting your business is important. That’s why we work for you to source the most specialised cover for your requirements; whether you operate a national trucking business, a state-wide construction company or own a boutique retail store.
We can provide expert advice specific to the sector you operate in. In addition to standard Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance policies, we will assess further available polices to offer more specialised cover that will fully protect your business.
We are passionate about our clients and will be there for them into the future to update policies and covers as the business grows and develops. In the unfortunate event that you do have to make a claim, PSC Direct Insurance Brokers will be there for you every step of the way to ensure the best possible outcome for your business.