Wholesaling is a significant aspect of distribution because of its impact on the economy, its functions in the distribution channel and its relationship with suppliers and customers.
What is Wholesalers Insurance?
Wholesalers Insurance is specialist business insurance curated to address the risk exposure of businesses operating within this sector.
Wholesalers Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Tradesmen?
During their day-to-day work, tradesmen face a significant number of risks that can affect their own business and wellbeing, as well as that of the general public and other 3rd parties.
Every trade is different, but there are several common risks that tradesmen should be aware of whatever their niche, for example:
- A self-employed electrician is seriously injured on the job and as a result he cannot work for 3 months. His business overheads don’t stop, but his income does. Income Protection could help him by paying a monthly benefit.
- A mechanic has her garage broken into and all of her tools stolen. She is unable to work without them. Tool insurance can cover the financial costs of replacing these business items.
- A bricklayer falls from scaffolding and is unable to return to his trade. His Tradesman Insurance may pay a lump sum to assist with costs accumulated as a result.
- A carpenter leaves his tools in a client’s driveway. The client trips over them, breaks her leg and sues the carpenter for damages. Public Liability can cover the legal defence costs and compensation payout.
- A mobile plumber’s van is damaged beyond repair by fire. Business Vehicle Insurance may cover the cost of replacing the vehicle and its contents.
As a tradesman, it is possible to reduce your risk at work by evaluating the risks you are exposed to and taking steps to minimise them. However it’s important to back up your prevention strategies with a comprehensive insurance policy that can fully protect your business, any employees and the general public in the event that something goes wrong.
What Are the Key Elements of a Tradesman Insurance Policy?
Depending on your circumstances, a Tradesman Insurance Pack may include the following covers:
- Income Protection: If you are unable to work as a result of injury or illness, income protection can provide cover in the form of a monthly benefit.
- Business Expenses: Protecting you against any fixed business expenses whilst you are unable to work due to injury or illness.
- Life Insurance: Protecting your family and loved ones from any expenses incurred as a result of your death or diagnosis of a terminal illness.
- TPD Insurance: Payment of a lump sum in the event that you become totally and permanently disabled.
- Public Liability Insurance: Covering you and your business against legal costs and any compensation payout you are liable for in the event that you are sued by a 3rd party.
- Tool Insurance: Covering the cost of replacing tools if they are lost or stolen.
- Vehicle Insurance: Providing cover for your vehicle in the event of theft or damage.
- Trailer Insurance: Cover for your trailer’s agreed value against accidental damage, theft, fire or vandalism.
Who Needs Tradesman Insurance?
Tradesman Insurance can cover anyone in the industry, from self-employed operators to large enterprises with many employees. From electricians, to roofers, builders, plumbers and tilers, there is a policy that will suit your requirements.
All tradies can benefit from Tradesman Insurance, particularly those who are self-employed and solely responsible for their business. Many Trades Insurance claims are related to accidental injuries, so having insurance will give you the peace of mind you need to get the job done, without worrying about what would happen if you, or an employee was injured on the job.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The specialist insurance brokers at PSC Direct have considerable experience in sourcing insurance for small to medium sized businesses across Australia. We pride ourselves in our ability to consider every business’s unique requirements and match the most appropriate insurance policy to cover the specific needs of our customers.
Having insured thousands of other small to medium businesses across Australia, we have a comprehensive database of insures and insurance products that we can access to source the right cover at the right place.
As part of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses, PSC Direct has established relationships with a range of leading insurers and underwriters which gives us access to a range of premiums. Furthermore, as we operate online with reduced overheads, we are able to pass cost savings on to our customers.
We understand that insurance can be complicated, but we also know that protecting your business is important. That’s why we work for you to source the most specialised cover for your requirements; whether you operate a national trucking business, a state-wide construction company or own a boutique retail store.
We can provide expert advice specific to the sector you operate in. In addition to standard Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance policies, we will assess further available polices to offer more specialised cover that will fully protect your business.
We are passionate about our clients and will be there for them into the future to update policies and covers as the business grows and develops. In the unfortunate event that you do have to make a claim, PSC Direct Insurance Brokers will be there for you every step of the way to ensure the best possible outcome for your business.