The Plumbing Services industry plays an integral role in Australia’s economy. There are currently 50,000 people employed in the plumbing industry, which contributes over $13bn in revenue to the economy annually.
The industry is primarily made up of small-scale contracting firms, which service narrow geographic areas or niche markets. It is estimated that the industry has over 25,000 businesses, the vast majority of which (98%) employ fewer than 20 people. These businesses provide employment opportunities and services to local communities, and as such, should be protected.
These businesses should be protected.
What is Plumbers Insurance?
Plumbers Insurance is a specialist insurance policy curated to address the specific risks that plumbers are exposed to in their line of work.
Plumbers Insurance can help you survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Plumbers?
Given the nature of the work that they do, plumbers are exposed to a significant number of risks on a daily basis. It’s extremely important to consider the hazards you may be exposed to and take reasonable steps to minimise your risk. Risks faced by most plumbers include:
- The use of powered tools, hand tools, electric drills, welding equipment, pipe cutters and hacksaws can cause injuries to hands, fingers and eyes which can lead to long periods away from work and even permanent disability.
- Plumbers often have to work at height, for example on roofs when installing or repairing gutters and downpipes. Falls are a major cause of workplace deaths and injuries each year.
- Plumbers have to use, and are exposed to certain chemicals during the course of their work, including: lead, hydrochloric acid, adhesives, caulking compounds and natural gas. Long term exposure to these chemicals can have serious health effects.
- Working with hot water services that store water at high temperatures, plumbers can be seriously injured by the unexpected release of hot water or steam.
- Plumbers often have to work for long periods outside, which can have both short and long term consequences such as heat stress, blistering, swollen eyes, skin cancers and premature ageing.
- Working in trenches, pits, tanks, beneath houses and in roof cavities can be extremely dangerous for plumbers, and in some cases even fatal.
What Are the Key Elements of a Plumbers Insurance Policy?
The most appropriate cover for your business will depend on your individual circumstances, however choosing the right cover for your business can be a confusing and complicated process.
That’s why the brokers at PSC Direct are here to asses your situation and recommend the right cover, which may include:
- Public Liability Insurance: Providing protection against legal and court costs in the event that someone is injured, or has their property damaged while you are providing a service to them.
- Tool Insurance: Covering the replacement cost of your tools if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Protecting professionals against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties, which may arise out of an act, omission or breach of professional duty in the course of their business.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Covering your business for loss of profits while it is out of action as a result of direct loss, damage, or destruction to your insured property.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Covering you and your staff or contractors against injury as a result of an accident for the loss of income, personal accident insurance provides financial assistance to help you or any other insured individuals and their families to pay for medical and living expenses while recovering from an injury.
Who Needs Plumbers Insurance?
The plumbing industry’s principal services are the installation, repair and maintenance of pipes and appliances that involve the catchment, distribution or treatment of water, sewage or gas. Some plumbers specialise in niche markets for which they have developed advanced skills and techniques.
Whatever your area of specialisation, Plumbers Insurance is essential to ensure the ongoing success of your business.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The specialist insurance brokers at PSC Direct have considerable experience in sourcing insurance for small to medium sized businesses across Australia. We pride ourselves in our ability to consider every business’s unique requirements and match the most appropriate insurance policy to cover the specific needs of our customers.
Having insured thousands of other small to medium businesses across Australia, we have a comprehensive database of insures and insurance products that we can access to source the right cover at the right place.
As part of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses, PSC Direct has established relationships with a range of leading insurers and underwriters which gives us access to a range of premiums. Furthermore, as we operate online with reduced overheads, we are able to pass cost savings on to our customers.
We understand that insurance can be complicated, but we also know that protecting your business is important. That’s why we work for you to source the most specialised cover for your requirements; whether you operate a national trucking business, a state-wide construction company or own a boutique retail store.
We can provide expert advice specific to the sector you operate in. In addition to standard Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance policies, we will assess further available polices to offer more specialised cover that will fully protect your business.
We are passionate about our clients and will be there for them into the future to update policies and covers as the business grows and develops. In the unfortunate event that you do have to make a claim, PSC Direct Insurance Brokers will be there for you every step of the way to ensure the best possible outcome for your business.