Painters are required across Australia for a number of both commercial and residential jobs every day. With Australia currently tackling a growing population and increasing incomes construction is currently positioned as the third largest industry in the country. With this comes a booming business for residential and commercial painters. With high demand for these workers, they need to ensure they are protected.
Painters are involved in the final stages of construction projects to ensure they are ready for use. With such high demand for these services these workers should be backed up with a comprehensive insurance policy.
What is Painters Insurance?
Painters Insurance is specialist business insurance curated to address the specific risks faced by both commercial and residential Painters.
Painters Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What Risks May Painters Insurance Cover?
Painters face a wide range of risks in their role due to the environment they work in and instruments they use. Some examples of specific risks that may be faced by Painters include:
- Manual Handling: The repetitive use of certain pieces of painting equipment can cause sprains, strains and fractures to employees who use them frequently.
- Falls: Painters or third parties may slip on spilled paint or trip over dropped equipment. This can cause fractures, bruises, lacerations or dislocations and even permanent injuries, which the painter may be held liable for.
- Personal Accident: As a painter, your ability to maintain a steady income in the event of accident or injury is severely impaired. On an unfamiliar residential or commercial site you are exposed to many conditions that can result in bodily harm, particularly when working at height.
- Extreme Weather: When painting jobs occur outdoors, such as when painting the outside of a commercial or residential building, painters are exposed to the elements, which can cause serious interruption of proceedings. Flooding, storms and cyclones are all commonplace in Australia and can have a huge affect on your ability to conduct business.
Painters Insurance can address your risk exposure by offering financial protection in the event that the worst happens. Speak to an insurance broker at PSC Direct for specialist advice.
What Are the Key Elements of a Painters Insurance Policy?
PSC Direct can source a range of covers for Painters across Australia. The most appropriate cover for your business depends on your individual circumstances, however a typical Painters Insurance policy may include the following covers:
- Public Liability Insurance: Protecting you and your business against the financial risk of being found liable to a third party for death or injury, loss or damage of property or ‘pure economic’ loss resulting from your negligence.
- Income Protection Insurance: Income protection for Painters protects against the financial risk of losing income as a result of not being able to work.
- Tool Insurance: Covering the replacement cost of your tools if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance: Covers you for loss, damage or theft of your business vehicles.
Who Needs Painters Insurance?
Whether you’re painting for commercial and residential developments or completing straightforward domestic jobs, it is important for you to secure Painters Insurance.
There are many types of Painters Insurance, and each of them have an important role in protecting painters from risks both on the worksite and afterwards. PSC Direct can cover painters for all the areas of risk they’re exposed to in their everyday operations.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.