Australia’s Motor Vehicle Engine and Parts Repair and Maintenance industry has grown over the past five years. The sales of new cars have grown over the past five years, and as such there has been an increase in the number of motor vehicles on the road in this time. This has been beneficial for the Motor Vehicle Maintenance industry as a whole as it has widened the client base.
The Motor Vehicle Engine and Parts Repair and Maintenance Industry now boasts revenue of $15 billion from over 20,000 businesses. Mobile mechanics make up a portion of these businesses. As a mobile mechanic, you face a significant amount of risk while carrying out your day-to-day duties. It is important to ensure your business is fully protected.
What is Mobile Mechanics Insurance?
Mobile Mechanics Insurance is a specialist insurance policy curated to address the specific risks that Mobile Mechanics are exposed to in their line of work. Mobile Mechanics Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
Mobile Mechanics Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Mobile Mechanics?
As a mechanic, the work that you do is very physical, which brings with it certain risks.It is important to be aware of the most common risks that you are exposed to and take steps to minimise the risk of them occurring so that you can protect your business, customers and any employees.
The most common risks faced by Mobile Mechanics include:
- Tools: In order to carry out your work effectively, you rely on a number of expensive tools and pieces of equipment. These tools are valuable to thieves who will often target a Mobile Mechanic’s van to steel their tools.
- Electrical Equipment: As a Mobile Mechanic, you frequently use certain pieces of electrical equipment and portable appliances. If used incorrectly, or if these items are faulty you may seriously injure yourself with an electric shock or burns.
- Faulty Equipment: You may be seriously injured by crushing if your car lift or jack fails.
- Explosion: Mechanics often suffer blast injuries from the explosion of tyres or other pieces of equipment. These situations can cause serious injury and even death.
- Public Injury: If you are working on someone’s property, you may inadvertently cause them an injury or damage their property with your tools, which may leave you liable to cover a significant compensation payout.
- Driving: As a Mobile Mechanic, your job will involve a significant amount of driving. Like any mode of transportation, driving a business vehicle brings with it certain risks that are not applicable to stationary business assets, as you are more likely to damage another person’s property or injure someone with your vehicle.
What Are the Key Elements of a Mobile Mechanics Insurance Policy?
The most appropriate cover for your Mobile Mechanic business will depend on a number of factors such as the specific type of work you do, whether or not you have employees and your annual turnover.Navigating the extensive number of policies on the market can be difficult.The insurance brokers at PSC Direct can apply their knowledge of the market to source the most appropriate policy for you.
We will recommend the right cover for your business, which may include:
- Business Car Insurance: Protects your company vehicles (such as your mechanic vans) against any financial losses related to owning and operating them.
- Public Liability Insurance: Providing protection against legal and court costs in the event that someone is injured, or has their property damaged while you are providing a service to them.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Covering you and your staff or contractors against injury as a result of an accident for the loss of income.This type of insurance provides financial assistance to help with medical and living expenses while recovering from an injury.
- Tool Insurance: Tool insurance is a must for all Tradesmen who use their own tools. It covers the cost of replacing your tools if they are stolen, lost or damaged in an accident.
Who Needs Mobile Mechanics Insurance?
The insurance brokers at PSC Direct can help you source the most appropriate cover for your Mobile Mechanics business.We will evaluate your individual circumstances and consider your individual situation to find the policy that best protects your business.
The types of Mobile Mechanic that we work with include the following:
- Auto Electrician
- Car Detailer
- Paintless Dent Removal
How PSC Direct works for you
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
We can help sole practitioners, small, medium and large businesses protect the businesses you are growing and ensure your assets are covered in the event that disaster strikes.
With our strong relationships to a broad range of highly-rated insurers we are able to advise you on business insurance, professional indemnity insurance, and professional indemnity insurance specifically tailored to meet the risk exposure of your business.
We can also provide advice on a range of additional insurance policies and cover that can affect your business and make sure you have the right insurance at the right price.
72% of Australian businesses fail after experiencing a major loss.
The right business insurance will ensure you are not one of them.
While good insurance covers you for most things – Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and Property, great insurance covers you for the specific risks that your business faces. We understand that every business is unique and you need a policy that addresses the specifics. We make sure that when you have a claim that’s out of the ordinary and complicated, you’re covered.