Mechanics Insurance is a specialist insurance policy curated to address the specific risks that Mechanics are exposed to in their line of work.
Australia’s automotive industry contributes a staggering $162 billion to the nation’s economy annually. The industry encompasses a range of smaller industries including vehicle wholesalers and dealers and manufacturers as well as mechanics. Trained professionals who deal with the creation, structuring, and maintenance of mechanical equipment, both businesses and end consumers alike rely on mechanics when something goes wrong with their vehicle.
These businesses should be protected.
What is Mechanics Insurance?
Mechanics Insurance can protect your business, employees and customers should something go wrong.
Mechanics Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Mechanics?
As a business owner, it’s important that you consider the main hazards that you and your employees and customers may be exposed to during the course of business, and take reasonable steps to minimise your risk. Common risks faced by mechanics include:
- Mechanics rely on a number of tools to carry out their day-to-day work. These tools are often expensive and attractive to thieves, who might target a mechanic’s workshop or a mobile mechanic’s van to target their tools.
- Mechanics use a lot of electrical equipment and portable appliances, which can cause electrical shocks or burns from faulty electrical equipment or on installation. Electrical faults can also lead to fires.
- Failure of a car lift, jack or other lifting equipment may cause severe crush injuries to an employee.
- Workers could suffer blast injuries from tyre or equipment explosion. Injuries caused by such an event can be very serious and even cause death.
- Workers and customers on-site risk potentially serious injury if struck by a moving vehicle. Furthermore, if members of the public access the workshop without knowledge of the environment, they are more likely to injure themselves.
What Are the Key Elements of a Mechanics Insurance Policy?
The most appropriate cover for your business will depend on your individual circumstances, however choosing the right cover for your business can be a confusing and complicated process.
We will recommend the right cover for your business, which may include:
That’s why the brokers at PSC Direct will assess your situation and recommend the right cover, which may include:
- Business Pack Insurance: Business Pack Insurance providing a wide range of insurance protection for your business and lets you tailor the cover to suit your company’s specific needs.
- Public Liability Insurance: Providing protection against legal and court costs in the event that someone is injured, or has their property damaged while you are providing a service to them.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Covering you and your staff or contractors against injury as a result of an accident for the loss of income.This type of insurance provides financial assistance to help with medical and living expenses while recovering from an injury.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Protecting professionals against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties, which may arise out of an act, omission or breach of professional duty in the course of their business.
- Management Liability Insurance: Protecting your balance sheet against any claims made against the business from employees, shareholders, and government departments.
Who Needs Mechanics Insurance?
Whatever size of business you have or type of business you operate, the brokers at PSC Direct can help you source the most appropriate cover for you. Whether your business has its own workshop or operates as a mobile business, we know how to get the right cover for your needs.
The types of businesses we can help
The types of Mobile Mechanic that we work with include the following:
- Mobile Mechanics
- Mechanical Workshop
- Auto ElectricianRemoval
- Car Detailer
- Panel Beater
- Paintless Dent Removal
How PSC Direct works for you
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
We can help sole practitioners, small, medium and large businesses protect the businesses you are growing and ensure your assets are covered in the event that disaster strikes.
With our strong relationships to a broad range of highly-rated insurers we are able to advise you on business insurance, professional indemnity insurance, and professional indemnity insurance specifically tailored to meet the risk exposure of your business.
We can also provide advice on a range of additional insurance policies and cover that can affect your business and make sure you have the right insurance at the right price.
72% of Australian businesses fail after experiencing a major loss.
The right business insurance will ensure you are not one of them.
While good insurance covers you for most things – Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and Property, great insurance covers you for the specific risks that your business faces. We understand that every business is unique and you need a policy that addresses the specifics. We make sure that when you have a claim that’s out of the ordinary and complicated, you’re covered.