The hospitality industry is booming in Australia, and the sector is a significant driver of the nation’s economy. Creating employment opportunities, consuming locally supplied goods and providing a meeting place and entertainment hub for tourists and the local community alike, the Hospitality sector allows many Australian communities to thrive. Such great responsibility should be backed up with a comprehensive insurance policy.
PSC Direct offers Hospitality Insurance for businesses operating across the sector, including:
Insurance cover is important for the peace of mind of any business owner, particularly in the Hospitality sector, where managers deal with a wide array of human behaviour, often with the added involvement of alcohol. It is therefore imperative that any business operating in this industry be appropriately covered for things like Public and Product Liability as well as fire and storm damage, theft and even personal injury.
Hospitality Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Hospitality Businesses?
Hospitality business owners face a significant amount of risk during their day-to-day operations. While every business is different, but there are several common risks that Hospitality business owners should be aware of, for example:
- Criminals hack a hotel’s point of sale machines and record credit and debit card data, which they sell on the black market. Cyber Insurance may cover the costs associated with the system being down and reinstated, as well as any legal costs incurred as a result of the leaked information.
- A cleaner at a store forgets to put a ‘wet floor’ sign up after mopping the floor and as a result a customer falls and seeks compensation. The Public Liability section of the business owner’s insurance may cover resulting legal costs and any compensation pay out.
- A fire starts from an electrical device in a restaurant’s kitchen, causing damage to the equipment and the property. Appropriate Business Insurance may cover the costs associated with repairing the damage or replacing equipment.
- A burst water pipe causes a Tourist Information office to flood, damaging furniture, fixtures and fittings. Appropriate Business Insurance may cover the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged property.
What Are the Key Elements of a Hospitality Insurance Policy?
Choosing the right covers for your business can be complicated. The most appropriate cover will depend on your individual circumstances, such as the size and type of your business, the amount of employees you have and whether you rent or own your premises.
- Fire and Storm Damage: Protecting you against loss or damage to your business tools, equipment, contents, stock or a building in the event of a fire, lighting, explosion, earthquake, impact including falling trees, malicious damage and storm damage at the business premises.
- Burglary: Covering you for costs incurred as a result of an unknown person(s) breaking into your premises or the premises you are renting and stealing your business stock, contents or equipment.
- Money: Covers money being stolen from your premises.
- Glass: Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving or display cabinets, sign writing and advertising signs.
- Public and Products Liability: Protecting you against claims of negligent acts in connection with your business that result in personal injury or property damage.
- Cyber Insurance: Covering your business for costs incurred as a result of cyber crime.
Who Needs Hospitality Insurance?
Insurance is important for SMEs across Australia. Some types of insurance are mandatory for Australian businesses in certain situations, while other covers are optional.
Australia’s Hospitality industry is extremely diverse and so are the businesses that operate within it. From small country bed and breakfasts to large city cosmopolitan hotels, your insurance should be just as broad. PSC Direct specialises in sourcing the right cover for your establishment, whatever your set up.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.