With current demographic shifts towards an aging population, an increasing number of Australians unable to physically attend to their gardens themselves and a general trend towards higher income levels the Australian Gardening and landscaping industry is currently experiencing a steady growth rate of 0.5% year-on-year.
What is Gardeners Insurance?
Gardeners Insurance is coverage that protects gardeners and landscapers. Gardening is a physically demanding profession in which workers utilise many potentially dangerous tools, in sometimes hazardous weather conditions. This can lead to gardeners becoming vulnerable to risks, so protecting your business as a gardener is something that should be taken seriously.
Gardeners Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What Risks are Faced by Gardeners?
When operating a landscaping or gardening business you may have need to invest a significant amount of money into equipment and tools. The correct insurance policy can protect this investment while also providing compensation in the event of property claims.
Given the varied fields in which gardeners dwell, Not only can they experience personal risk, but also their work can often then affect the general public and other third parties.
- Personal Accident: Gardeners can find themselves working in environments that expose them to many conditions that can result in bodily harm. In the event of accident or injury, resulting in severe impairment they may find themselves in need a steady income whilst out of work.
- 3rd Party Accident:
Gardeners work closely with a wide range of tools and equipment. This equipment can cause serious injury to members of the public if they are not properly manoeuvred.
- Theft: Gardeners expose themselves to obligations and liability if major defects arise as a result of their work. This can be at a huge cost to the engineer who, in many cases, are legally required to rectify these issues.
- Extreme Weather: As a gardeners you work primarily outdoors and thus are exposed to the elements, which can cause serious destruction or interruption of proceedings. Flooding, storms and cyclones are all commonplace in Australia and can have a huge affect on your ability to conduct business.
What Are the Key Elements of a Gardeners Insurance Policy?
At PSC Direct, we have access to a range of Gardeners Insurance policies, from reputable insurers with a proven track record. We can provide specialist advice and expertise in Gardeners Insurance.
There are certain risks that are generally covered by a Gardeners Insurance policy. Depending on your circumstances, your policy may include the following covers:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Professional Indemnity insurance can indemnify gardeners against legal liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage resulting from any claims made during the period of insurance.
- Public Liability Insurance: Public Liability insurance can provide protection for individuals and businesses against the financial risk of being found liable for a third party’s injury, loss or damage of property, or economic loss resulting from your negligence.
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance: Specific cover for machinery and equipment. It is more specialised than commercial motor vehicle insurance, most notably because it covers off-road usage.
- Tax Audit Insurance: Covering professional accounting fees that arise from an audit conducted by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or any other Australian (Federal, State or Territory) government agency, which has the statutory responsibility to conduct audits in relation to taxation, duties, or levies.
Who Needs Gardeners Insurance?
It is important to secure the correct policy to protect the business you’ve worked so hard to build. No matter what scale of gardening work you complete, whether it be for large public landscapes of private, residential areas, a Gardeners Insurance policy can be found to suit your specific needs. No matter what kind of gardening work you complete the brokers at PSC Direct can source a policy that’s right for you.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.