The Tiling and Carpeting Services industry generates revenue from installation work on most types of building projects. Demand for industry services is influenced by trends in household discretionary income and the outsourcing of household services. While the industry has also faced competition from unskilled DIY home renovators, this is not the only risk faced by those in the industry.
Generating $4bn in revenue annually, the industry as a whole is a significant contributor to the nation’s economy. Furthermore, the industry provides employment opportunities across the nation, currently employing over 21,000 people.
The 13,000 businesses operating in this niche contribute significantly to the communities they operate in, as well as to the nation as a whole. As such, should be protected.
What is Flooring Installers Insurance?
Flooring Installers Insurance protects your business, your employees and your clients in the event that something goes wrong under your watch.
Flooring Installers Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Flooring Installers?
Installing flooring is physical work and as such, carries a significant amount of risk for businesses in the industry. As a business owner, it’s important that you consider the hazards that your business, your employees and your customers may be exposed to during the course of business.
Once you have identified these risks, you can and take reasonable steps to minimise them. Common risks faced by flowing installers include:
- Flooring installers often have to use hand tools such as screwdrivers, chisels, saws, planes, knives and hammers in order to carry out their work. These tools can cause serious injury if used incorrectly.
- Using power tools such as drills, sanders, saws and planers increases the likelihood of flooring installers causing themselves a physical injury through the tool itself or through an electric shock.
- Flooring installers are frequently exposed to hazardous substances such as wood dusts, oils, adhesives and weathering treatments, which can cause short or long term injuries, depending on the level of exposure.
- Electrical equipment used by flooring installers can cause trailing cables across the floor which are a trip hazard for other workers as well as members of public in the area.
As a Flooring Installer, it is possible to reduce the risk that you are exposed to by evaluating and taking steps to minimise these risks. However, it’s important to back up your prevention strategies with a comprehensive insurance policy that can fully protect your business, employees and the general public.
What Are the Key Elements of a Flooring Installers Insurance Policy?
We know that choosing the right cover for your business can be a confusing and complicated process. That’s why the brokers at PSC Direct will assess your situation and recommend the most appropriate cover on your behalf.
The types of cover we may recommend, include:
- Public Liability Insurance: Providing protection against legal and court costs in the event that someone is injured, or has their property damaged while you are providing a service to them.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Covering you and your staff or contractors against injury as a result of an accident for the loss of income, personal accident insurance provides financial assistance to help you or any other insured individuals and their families to pay for medical and living expenses while recovering from an injury.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Protecting professionals against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties, which may arise out of an act, omission or breach of professional duty in the course of their business.
- Cyber Insurance: Protecting businesses from risks relating to information technology infrastructure and activities. It is a specific insurance policy designed to cover against losses incurred as a result of data destruction, extortion, theft and hacking.
- Electronic Equipment Insurance: Covering your business for the associated costs and losses in the event that any of your electronic equipment breaks down.
- Tax Audit Insurance: Covering professional accounting fees that arise from an audit conducted by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or any other Australian (Federal, State or Territory) government agency.
Who Needs Flooring Installers Insurance?
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
How PSC Direct Works for You
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.