Australia’s Concrete Product Manufacturing industry produces a range of products that are essential for most of the country’s construction markets. The industry generates revenue of around $2 billion annually, which mostly comes from the production of concrete products that are used in the housing and non-residential construction markets. Australia’s concreting industry employs over 7,500 people in over 700 businesses across the country.
As a whole, the industry has been affected by intensifying competition from importers, however this is not the only risk that concreters are facing. Ensure your business is fully protected from a wide range of risks with a comprehensive insurance policy.
What is Concreters Insurance?
Concreters Insurance is a specialist type of insurance that addresses the specific risks faced by businesses in the concreting industry.
Concreters Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Concreters?
Anyone who uses concrete or is responsible for managing or supervising its use should be aware that it can be hazardous. Concrete dust contains particles of crystalline silica, which, if small enough, can be inhaled into the lungs. Prolonged exposure to this dust can result in sever lung problems.
It’s important for businesses and workers operating in the industry to be aware of this and other risks, so that they can put procedures in place to minimise risk.
The following are other risks that are common to concreters:
- Manual Handling: Working in the concreting industry involves a certain amount of manual handling. If done incorrectly, manual handling can lead to injuries or disorders of the muscles, nerves, tendons, joints, cartilage and spinal discs.
- Noise: Concreters are exposed to high noise levels on a regular basis as part of their role. Permanent hearing damage can be caused depending on the loudness and the length of time a person is exposed to it.
- Particles: Concrete particles can be inhaled, or they can enter the eyes, which can cause irritation and burning.
- Falling Objects: On a construction site, heavy items can be dropped easily, often from height. This can result in serious injury to a worker, or even death.
As a concreter, it is possible to reduce the risk that you are exposed to, however it’s important to back up your risk prevention strategies with an appropriate insurance policy.
What Are the Key Elements of a Concreters Insurance Policy?
We know that choosing the right covers for your business can be difficult as the most appropriate cover is dependent on a number of factors. We will consider the size and type of your business, the amount of employees you have and whether you rent or own your premises to recommend a policy that suits your individual circumstances.
PSC Direct specialises in sourcing Concreters Insurance for concreters across Australia. The most appropriate cover for your business depends on your individual circumstances, however a typical Concreters Insurance policy may include the following covers:
- Public Liability Insurance: Financial protection against legal and court costs in the event that someone is injured, or has their property damaged while you are providing a service to them.
- Tool Insurance: A must for all concreters who use their own tools. Tool Insurance covers the cost of replacing your tools if they are stolen, lost or damaged in an accident.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Covering you and any staff or contractors against injury as a result of an accident for the loss of income. Personal Accident Insurance provides financial assistance to help pay for medical and living expenses while recovering from an injury.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance: Protecting company vehicles against any financial losses related to owning and operating them.
Who Needs Concreters Insurance?
All businesses in the concreting industry should have a comprehensive insurance policy in place to protect the business, employees and the general public.
PSC Direct can source the most appropriate form of insurance for your concreting business, whatever area of concreting you specialise in; from foundations to walls, driveways, swimming pools, patio floors, concrete piers, mortar in brickwork or retaining walls.
How PSC Direct Works for You
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
We can help sole practitioners, small, medium and large businesses protect the businesses you are growing and ensure your assets are covered in the event that disaster strikes.
With our strong relationships to a broad range of highly-rated insurers we are able to advise you on business insurance, professional indemnity insurance, and public liability insurance specifically tailored to meet the risk exposure of your business.
We can also provide advice on a range of additional insurance policies and cover that can affect your business and make sure you have the right insurance at the right price.
- 72% of Australian businesses fail after experiencing a major loss.
The right business insurance will ensure you are not one of them.
While good insurance covers you for most things – Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and Property, great insurance covers you for the specific risks that your business faces. We understand that every business is unique and you need a policy that addresses the specifics. We make sure that when you have a claim that’s out of the ordinary and complicated, you’re covered.