In Australia there are over 27,000 commercial businesses employing over 120,000 staff. The national demand for cleaning services continues to be strong and stable, and largely driven by business numbers and outsourcing trends. A rise in demand for residential cleaning services from high- and dual-income households and the ageing of the population has also aided the industry, and the sector as a whole is growing from strength to strength.
We know that providing the best possible service to your clients is your number one priority, that’s why our priority is making sure that you have the right insurance cover in place.
What is Cleaners Insurance?
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Cleaning Professionals?
Businesses operating within the cleaning industry face a significant amount of risk as a result of their day-to-day tasks. The following risks are some of the most common to today’s cleaning professionals:
- Electrical Equipment: Most clients’ facilities use or have access to a range of electrically operated devices, which have the potential to cause harm or start fires.
- Hazardous Substances: There are many items that cleaners commonly use that are potentially dangerous, including dishwasher detergent, bleach, oven cleaners, pesticides and herbicides. If used incorrectly, these substances can result in accident or injury to the cleaner or client.
- Employee Injury: Cleaners are often required to manually handle objects in the form of lifting and moving furniture and other heavy equipment. This can result in sustaining a long lasting injury.
- Poor Housekeeping: Cluttered walkways and work areas, overloaded or unorganised shelving and spills left on floors are commonly seen in clients’ facilities. These situations can often result in accident or injury to a staff member.
- Slip & Fall: Cleaners often use substances that can leave surfaces slippery or wet. This can cause an injury to the client if not labelled properly, which may result in a significant legal claim being taken out against the cleaner.
- Accidental Property Damage: Cleaners will routinely work in other people’s businesses and by the nature of the work, have to move furniture, appliances and other equipment. If the cleaner accidentally breaks this equipment in the course of their role, they me be held liable to replace it.
What risks may Builders Insurance cover?
As a cleaning professional, it is possible to reduce the risk that you are exposed to by evaluating and taking steps to minimise these risks. However, it’s important to back up your prevention strategies with a comprehensive insurance policy that can fully protect your business, employees and the general public.
What Are the Key Elements of an Cleaners Insurance Policy?
Every business is different, and you need a Business Insurance policy that addresses the specifics. Depending on the size and set up of your cleaning business, appropriate insurance cover may include:
- Property Insurance: Covering damage to buildings, contents and stock caused by fire, perils and accidental damage.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Protecting your company in the event of interruption to your business after an insured loss.
- Theft and Money: Covering theft of business contents or stock, as well as theft of business money.
- Glass: Protecting your business against costs incurred as a result of breakage of internal and external glass and signs.
- Public Liability Insurance: Covering your legal liability to pay compensation for personal injury or property damage that is deemed to be the result of your business’ actions.
- Computers & Electronic Equipment Insurance: Covering fire, theft, accidental damage, breakdown of computers and electronic equipment.
- Tax Audit Insurance: Covering you for professional accounting fees that arise from an audit conducted by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or any other Australian (Federal, State or Territory) government agency.
Who Needs Builders Insurance?
Your business is your livelihood and as such it should be protected. Whether you work freelance, or own a cleaning business with hundreds of employees, insurance is a necessity that you shouldn’t be without.
PSC Direct considers the specific risks that each business faces and can source appropriate insurance cover for a range of cleaning roles, including bin cleaners, building site cleaners, car cleaners, kitchen cleaners, domestic help services, carpet or furniture cleaning and many more.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.