What is Carpenters Insurance?
Carpenters Insurance is an insurance policy specifically designed for those in the industry to cover tasks carried out in the day-to-day role of a carpenter.
Carpenters Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Carpenters?
The work of a carpenter is very physical, which means there is significant risk exposure for businesses in the industry. As a carpenter it is important to consider the risks that you, your business, your employees and your customers may be exposed to during the course of business.
Common risks faced by flowing installers include:
- The Use of Tools: In order to carry out their work, carpenters have to use a range of tools such as screwdrivers, chisels, saws, planes, knives and hammers in order to carry out their work. If used incorrectly, these tools can cause serious injury.
- The Use of Power Tools: Carpenters often have to use power tools such as drills, sanders, saws and planers. This carries a significant risk of injury through the tool itself or through an electric shock.
- Hazardous Substances: Carpenters are frequently exposed to hazardous substances such as wood dusts, oils, adhesives and weathering treatments, which can cause short or long term injuries, depending on the level of exposure.
- Public Liability: Carpenters often have to work onsite, which can include working in people’s homes. If they leave a loose cable or tool on the floor, someone could trip and injure themselves, which may lead to a costly lawsuit.
What Are the Key Elements of a Carpenters Insurance Policy?
Choosing the right cover for your business can be a confusing and complicated process. That’s why the brokers at PSC Direct will assess your situation and recommend the most appropriate cover on your behalf.
The types of cover we may recommend, include:
- Public Liability Insurance: Providing protection against legal and court costs in the event that someone is injured, or has their property damaged while you are providing a service to them.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Covering you and your staff or contractors against injury as a result of an accident for the loss of income, personal accident insurance provides financial assistance to help you or any other insured individuals and their families to pay for medical and living expenses while recovering from an injury.
- Tool Insurance: Tool insurance is a must for all Carpenters who use their own tools. It covers the cost of replacing your tools if they are stolen, lost or damaged in an accident.
- Business Car Insurance: Business Car Insurance protects company vehicles against any financial losses related to owning and operating them.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Business Interruption Insurance covers you for loss of profits while your business is out of action. It is designed to protect your business for loss of income or expenditures sustained as a result of direct loss, damage, or destruction to your insured property.
Who Needs Carpenters Insurance?
Carpenters insurance is vital for carpenters across the industry; whether you operate as a sole trader, franchiser or a business with numerous employees.
Given the nature of the work, any carpenter should have a comprehensive insurance policy in place before starting to carry out any work.
Carpet Layers, Tile Layers, Wooden Flooring Specialists, Sanders and Polishers could all benefit from Carpenters Insurance. In the event that something does go wrong with the project, an insurance policy can not only absorb the financial hit for your company, but also protect your assets and your employees.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.