Australia’s Cafes and Coffee Shops industry has seen significant growth in over the past five years, owing much of its success to the nation’s love for quality coffee and vibrant coffee culture.
Employing over 70,000 people across the country and generating $5 billion in revenue annually, businesses operating in the Cafes and Coffee Shops sector should be protected. At PSC Direct, we know that the challenges of running a cafe are unique, and so are the risks. You need an insurance policy that addresses your specific needs and protects your business, staff and customers.
What is Cafe Insurance?
Café Insurance is specialist business insurance curated to address the risk exposure of businesses operating within this sector.
Cafe Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks that Cafes are Exposed to?
Café owners face a significant amount of risk during their day-to-day operations.
In the commotion of a busy kitchen and service environment, the potential for something to go wrong is great; from kitchen fires, to food poisoning and everything in between. These risks are often unpredictable and unavoidable, but can have serious consequences for the business when they do occur. We understand that while every café is different, all are exposed to certain risks, for example:
- A waiter at a busy cafe spills a drink and forgets to clean it up. As a result, a customer slips on the wet floor and suffers a serious injury. Public Liability insurance may cover the subsequent costs incurred by the café.
- Thieves break and enter into a cafe, taking stock, equipment and money from the safe. With an appropriate café insurance policy, the costs incurred by the business as a result may be covered.
- A city café faces legal action after several customers contract severe food poisoning from food served there. With appropriate business insurance in place, the cafe may be covered for legal costs and any resulting compensation payment.
- A water pipe bursts and causes a flood in a rural café, damaging furniture, fixtures and fittings. The café may be covered for the costs associated with repairing or replacing damaged property with their business insurance policy.
What Are the Key Things That May Be Covered By a Cafe Insurance Policy?
You need a Cafe Insurance policy that addresses the specifics of your organisation so that you are adequately protected against physical damage to your premises and equipment as well as being covered against any accidents that may occur when dealing with members of the public.
At PSC Direct, we can source the most appropriate cover to suit your needs, with access to a range of covers, including:
- Business Pack Insurance: Provides a wide range of insurance protection for your business which can be tailored to suit your company’s specific needs.
- Commercial Property Insurance: Protecting your business from property damage as a result of fire, flood, theft and accidental or malicious damage.
- Cyber Insurance: Protection for businesses against risks relating to information technology infrastructure and activities. It is a specific insurance policy designed to cover against losses incurred as a result of data destruction, extortion, theft and hacking.
- Management Liability Insurance: Management Liability Insurance protects SMEs against management claims by employees, shareholders, and government departments for dishonest and/or negligent actions from directors, management team or employees.
- Tax Audit Insurance: Covering professional accounting fees that arise from an audit conducted by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or any other Australian (Federal, State or Territory) government agency, which has the statutory responsibility to conduct audits in relation to taxation, duties, or levies.
Who Needs Cafe Insurance?
There are over 7000 cafes trading across Australia, serving world-class coffee a variety of other beverages, and a range of cuisines. These businesses are exposed to certain risks unique to the industry; from public liability risk, to the risk of fire, theft and mismanagement.
Whether you run a small rural café or a chic city eatery, it’s important that you find a Café Insurance policy that fully protects your business. PSC Direct specialises in sourcing the right cover for your establishment, whatever your set up.
How PSC Direct Works for You
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
We can help sole practitioners, small, medium and large businesses protect the businesses you are growing and ensure your assets are covered in the event that disaster strikes.
With our strong relationships to a broad range of highly-rated insurers we are able to advise you on business insurance, professional indemnity insurance, and public liability insurance specifically tailored to meet the risk exposure of your business.
We can also provide advice on a range of additional insurance policies and cover that can affect your business and make sure you have the right insurance at the right price.
- 72% of Australian businesses fail after experiencing a major loss.
The right business insurance will ensure you are not one of them.
While good insurance covers you for most things – Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and Property, great insurance covers you for the specific risks that your business faces. We understand that every business is unique and you need a policy that addresses the specifics. We make sure that when you have a claim that’s out of the ordinary and complicated, you’re covered.