The Bricklaying Industry provides employment for approximately 28,500 Australians and brings in revenue of $2 million annually. With this industry providing work for so many hard working Australians it’s important that these individuals are protected.
What is Bricklayers Insurance?
Bricklayers Insurance is business insurance designed specifically to provide coverage for those operating within the Bricklaying Industry. As a Bricklayer, people rely on you to build the foundations of residential and commercial structures. At PSC Direct, protecting your business is our number one priority, that’s why we’ve put together a Bricklayers Insurance pack that will protect you, your business and your family from the financial impact in the event that things go wrong.
Bricklayers Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What are the Specific Risks Faced by Bricklayers?
If you are a Bricklayer, there you’re bound to be exposed to certain risks on a daily basis as a result of your demanding work. There is the potential risk that you may cause damage to property, or injure yourself or somebody else, or worse. An injury to you may result in you being unfit for work and may lead to temporary or permanent loss of income. Bricklayers insurance can help you in these circumstances, by helping to manage these kinds of risks.
Although every Bricklayer is different, there are several hazards that are very common within the industry, including:
- Weather: Bricklayer often complete a great deal of their work outdoors, therefore Australia’s notoriously destructive forces of nature can have a severe impact on a Bricklayers ability to operate at an optimal level. From drought to flooding, storms and cyclones, Australia’s wild weather is difficult to predict, yet can cause irreparable damage when it strikes.
- Machinery & Vehicles: Many Bricklayers rely on machinery and vehicles to carry out their daily operations. In the event that this equipment is damaged or stolen, it can become a huge financial burden for the Bricklayer to replace.
- Personal Accident: Bricklayers can find themselves working in environments that expose them to many conditions that can result in bodily harm. In the event of accident or injury, resulting in severe impairment they may find themselves in need a steady income whilst out of work.
As a Bricklayer, it is possible to reduce your risk at work by evaluating the risks you are exposed to and taking steps to minimising them. However it’s important to back up your prevention strategies with a comprehensive insurance policy that can fully protect your business, any employees and the general public in the event that something goes wrong.
What Are the Key Elements of a Bricklayers Insurance Policy?
At PSC Direct, we have access to a range of Bricklayers Insurance policies, from reputable insurers with a proven track record. We can provide specialist advice and expertise in Bricklayers Insurance.
There are certain risks that are generally covered by a Bricklayers Insurance policy. Depending on your circumstances, your policy may include the following covers:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Professional Indemnity insurance can indemnify Bricklayers against legal liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage resulting from any claims made during the period of insurance.
- Public Liability Insurance: Public Liability insurance can provide protection for individuals and businesses against the financial risk of being found liable for a third party’s injury, loss or damage of property, or economic loss resulting from your negligence.
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance: Specific cover for machinery and equipment. It is more specialised than commercial motor vehicle insurance, most notably because it covers off-road usage.
- Tax Audit Insurance: Covering professional accounting fees that arise from an audit conducted by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or any other Australian (Federal, State or Territory) government agency, which has the statutory responsibility to conduct audits in relation to taxation, duties, or levies.
Who Needs Bricklayers Insurance?
Whether your Bricklaying business sees you laying the foundations of large, commercial projects or small, suburban properties securing the right Insurance policy is crucial. The correct policy will provide you with the peace of mind that you are covered if the worst were to happen.
PSC Direct can find the most appropriate insurance cover for you no matter what scale you operate on.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.