At PSC Direct we provide everything you expect from a traditional insurance broker (knowledge, expertise, support, detailed quotes, industry influence), as well as all of the convenience and affordability that comes with online technology. Get an online quote today to easily compare business insurance from the highest rated insurance companies in the country.
We combine over 40 years of insurance industry expertise with leading technology to provide the most convenient and reliable business insurance purchasing experience available.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What Risks Are Bakers Exposed To?
Managing risks is key to the ongoing success of any business. The first step to effectively managing your risk is to identify your business’ risk exposure.
At PSC Direct we know that every business is different, however there are certain risks that are more common in bakeries, such as:
- Moving the Ingredients: Heavy ingredients often have to be moved from delivery to their storage location. If handled incorrectly, this could cause an injury to an employee.
- Use of Specialised Mixers: Certain pieces of high tech equipment are used in bakeries to make the food. This equipment can be costly to repair if it breaks down, or if it is a vital piece of machinery, may even put the bakery out of business until it is repaired.
- Oven Use: Bakers often have to take things in and out of the oven. Working in such close proximity to extremely high temperatures can be dangerous and result in employee injury.
- Slips and Trips: The floors in a bakery can become slippery if ingredients are spilled. This increases the likelihood of an employee or member of the public slipping and hurting themselves.
- Slicing and Packaging Products: Bakers and other employees often have to slice and package products using certain pieces of equipment and machinery. If these tasks are carried out incorrectly, it may result in employee injury.
What May Be Covered By Bakery Insurance?
Our experience in the Bakery industry gives PSC Direct the necessary expertise and risk management knowledge to tailor an insurance program for your specific needs. Relevant covers for your bakery may include:
- Business Package Insurance: Covers your business for Property Damage, Theft, Glass, Machinery and Electronic Equipment Breakdown, Money, General Property and Employee Dishonesty.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Provides cover for the profits or operational costs associated with your business in the event you are forced to close for an extended period.
- Public Liability Insurance: Cover for any slips, trips and falls by your customers, staff or the general public
- Product Liability Insurance: Protection for your business in case of issues such as food poisoning from your bakery products
- Management Liability Insurance: Protecting you as a Business owner for – Directors and Officers Liability, Employment Practises Liability, Statutory Liability and Company Expenses.
- Business Car Insurance: Cover for your private and business vehicles.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Covers you in the unfortunate circumstance that you are unable to work due to Accident or Sickness.
- Transit Cover: Provides cover for your goods while being transported to your locations or to clients.
Who Needs Bakery Insurance?
At PSC Direct, we can provide Bakery Insurance for a range from local, independent bakeries to the major commercial baking goods manufacturers or specialist operators and everything in between.
We protect many businesses just like yours, and can apply our knowledge and experience in the sector to source appropriate cover for your businesses. We are able to draw upon our long-term associations and strong relationships with leading insurers to provide a cost-effective insurance program for BAA members.
How PSC Direct Works for You
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
We can help sole practitioners, small, medium and large businesses protect the businesses you are growing and ensure your assets are covered in the event that disaster strikes.
With our strong relationships to a broad range of highly-rated insurers we are able to advise you on business insurance, professional indemnity insurance, and public liability insurance specifically tailored to meet the risk exposure of your business.
We can also provide advice on a range of additional insurance policies and cover that can affect your business and make sure you have the right insurance at the right price.
- 72% of Australian businesses fail after experiencing a major loss.
The right business insurance will ensure you are not one of them.
While good insurance covers you for most things – Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and Property, great insurance covers you for the specific risks that your business faces. We understand that every business is unique and you need a policy that addresses the specifics. We make sure that when you have a claim that’s out of the ordinary and complicated, you’re covered.