Allied Health makes up approximately 25% of the health workforce in Australia, and this sector is growing, according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).
Allied Health Insurance is a specialist insurance pack that addresses the specific risks faced by professionals as part of their role in the healthcare sector.
Allied Health Professionals aim to support diagnosis, recovery and quality of life. PSC Direct offers Hospitality Insurance for businesses operating across the sector, including:
Allied Health Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
NOT SURE WHAT INSURANCE YOU NEED? GET HELP From An Insurance Expert:
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What risks may Allied Health Insurance cover?
Allied Health Professionals face a diverse range of risks in their various industries due to the wide-ranging specialties and their unique locations and demands. Allied Health covers a huge range of professions with unique sets of risks.
Obtaining a comprehensive policy which covers your Allied Health niche can be confusing, which is why PSC Direct want to do the hard work for you to ensure you receive the best fit cover.
Some examples of specific risks that may be faced by Allied Health Professionals include:
- A chiropractor working from home has a patient trip over broken paving in his driveway and sues for resulting damages. Appropriate insurance may cover legal defence costs and any resulting payout.
- A pharmacist gives out of date medication to one of her patients and as a result is taken to court. Allied Health Insurance may cover her legal fees and any subsequent payment to the client.
- A social worker is attacked by a patient during counselling and ends up rushed to hospital. Allied Health Insurance may cover her hospital fees and any subsequent payments caused by the injuries sustained.
What Are the Key Elements of an Allied Health Insurance Policy?
Depending on your circumstances, and the industry you operate in, an Allied Health Insurance policy may include the following covers:
- Professional Indemnity: Designed for professionals who provide advice or a service to their patients. Professional Indemnity insurance will protect you against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties which may arise out of an act, omission or breach of professional duty in the course of your business.
- Public Liability: Protecting you and your business against the financial risk of being found liable to a third party for death or injury, loss or damage of property or ‘pure economic’ loss resulting from your negligence.
- Personal Accident and Sickness: Providing work related health insurance for freelancers, sole traders, self-employed and contractors which can sustain you financially after an accident or health issue, while you are unable to work.
- Commercial Property: Property insurance provides protection against most risks to property, such as fire, theft and some weather damage. This includes specialised forms of insurance such as fire insurance, flood insurance, earthquake insurance, or boiler insurance.
- Business Interruption: Also known as business income insurance, Business Interruption insurance is a type of insurance that covers the loss of income that a business suffers after a disaster. The income loss covered may be due to disaster-related closing of the business facility or due to the rebuilding process after a disaster.
Who Needs Allied Health Insurance?
What is covered by the term “Allied Health” differs from country-to-country. The accredited Allied Health Professionals in Australia are:
- Art or music therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Medical radiation practitioners
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Speech pathologists
The term ‘Allied Health’ does not apply to medical health professionals such as doctors, surgeons, nurses or dentists.
How PSC Direct Works for You
The team at PSC Direct comprises specialist business insurance brokers, experienced in sourcing insurance for Australian SMEs. We care about the clients we service and want to fully protect their businesses. That’s why we treat each and every one as an inividual entity, considering their unique requirements to source the most appropriate cover that will offer the upmost business protection.
PSC Direct Insurance Brokers use online systems to review your business. We draw on our experience with thousands of similar businesses across Australia to match your needs to our database of indexed insurance policies. In order to ensure you have the most appropriate cover, our insurance brokers will fully review any policy before it is recommended to you.
PSC Direct is an entity of PSC Insurance Group, one of Australia’s largest private insurance broking houses. This affiliation offers us access to a range of leading insurers and underwriters as well as membership of a range of national and international insurance organisations. Part of such a wide insurance network, PSC Direct is best placed to source cost effective covers for our clients.
Protecting your business is important to us. We understand that insurance can be complicated, and we’re here to simplify it for you. We provide advice and cover to a range of businesses across Australia, in industries from Accounting to Engineering, Mining, Retail and Trucking. We know the policies necessary to fully protect your business and assets in the specific sector you operate in.
We are able to offer a range of policies from standard Public and Products Liability to more specialised covers such as Management Liability, Commercial Property, and Cyber Insurance and Tax Audit Insurance. We’re not only here to source your policy but to develop a business partnership with you. We will work with you as your business changes to offer alternative or additional insurance policies, or in the event of a claim, we’ll assist you until settlement.