What is Personal Accident Insurance?
Personal Accident Insurance covers you and your staff or contractors against injury as a result of an accident for the loss of income. It provides financial assistance to help you or any other insured individuals and their families to pay for medical and living expenses while recovering from an injury.
From a personal accident and sickness policy for a tradesman, to comprehensive travel and medical policies for your staff working locally and overseas, we can provide a range of insurance options depending on your specific needs.
Personal Accident Insurance can help your company survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What Risks May Personal Accident Insurance Cover?
Accidents, by their nature are unpredictable and unavoidable. After an accident it can take a long time for your body to recover, Personal Accident Insurance can help you financially during this time.
Personal Accident Insurance may cover:
- An Australian CEO moves to China for business. During his time there, he breaks his leg and has to be hospitalised for a number of days. Appropriate Personal Accident Insurance may cover fees for his treatment overseas.
- A self-employed electrician is seriously injured on the job and as a result he cannot work for 3 months. His business overheads don’t stop, but his income does. Personal Accident Insurance could assist him by paying a lump sum benefit.
- A bricklayer falls from scaffolding and is unable to return to his trade. His Personal Accident Insurance may pay a lump sum to assist with costs accumulated as a result.
What Are the Key Things That May Be Covered in A Personal Accident Insurance Policy?
Some insurers allow you to pick different levels of Personal Accident Insurance cover. A higher level of cover will provide a larger cash payout in the event of accident or fatal injury. The main options available include:
- Accidental Death Only
subject to specific exclusions and limited by a maximum sum insured, as documented in the schedule
- Personal Accident & Illness protects you in the event of injuries or illnesses that prevent you from working. Your insurance will pay you an amount up to the earnings lost.
- Voluntary Workers similar conditions to Personal Accident.
- Expatriate Insurance This policy is designed to provide Health Insurance for Australians who are domiciled overseas. There are many corporations who have employees and their families seconded overseas. This product guarantees their standard of Health Insurance is not compromised.
- Inbound Medical Insurance This policy provides Health Insurance for persons visiting Australia. Many people, particularly those who come to Australia to work, require Health Insurance before they are given their work visa. We can provide cover similar to that afforded by Australian Health Funds at a very competitive premium.
If you are self-employed or a sole trader we can help you compare Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance policy coverage and provide you with a competitive quote that matches your risk and business needs. We can help you with your personal accident & sickness insurance cover throughout Australia and can assist you with policy wordings, proposal forms, explanations and quotes.
Who Needs Personal Accident Insurance?
At PSC Direct, we can provide Personal Accident Insurance against your inability to work and the resulting loss of income due to an accident, illness or accidental death. Depending on your business insurance needs, it is also possible to extend cover for ‘higher risk’ activities such as motorcycle riding, snow and water-skiing, pilot risk or playing football.
Personal Accident Insurance provides additional cover on top of any workers’ compensation, Medicare, superannuation, private health insurance or third party insurance payouts you may be entitled to. It is particularly use for small business owners who may not be covered under a standard Workers Compensation policy.
How PSC Direct works for you
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
We can help sole practitioners, small, medium and large businesses protect the businesses you are growing and ensure your assets are covered in the event that disaster strikes.
With our strong relationships to a broad range of highly-rated insurers we are able to advise you on business insurance, professional indemnity insurance, and professional indemnity insurance specifically tailored to meet the risk exposure of your business.
We can also provide advice on a range of additional insurance policies and cover that can affect your business and make sure you have the right insurance at the right price.
72% of Australian businesses fail after experiencing a major loss.
The right business insurance will ensure you are not one of them.
While good insurance covers you for most things – Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and Property, great insurance covers you for the specific risks that your business faces. We understand that every business is unique and you need a policy that addresses the specifics. We make sure that when you have a claim that’s out of the ordinary and complicated, you’re covered.