From Sporting Clubs to Community Service organisations, Associations across Australia make a positive contribution to our society.
While your non-profit organisation doesn’t have shareholders and operates in a charitable function doesn’t mean it can’t be exposed to a lawsuit.
The reality is that current and former employees file the majority of lawsuits against Associations and their Boards.
Unfortunately, this is not the only risk faced by Advertising agencies. You never know what is around the corner, and as a business owner operating in this niche, you need to ensure your company, employees and assets are fully protected. That’s where PSC Direct’s Advertising Insurance comes in.
What is Advertising Insurance?
Advertising Insurance is a specialist business insurance pack, curated to cover Advertising Agencies for the risks they are exposed to within their industry.
Advertising Insurance can help your company survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
Our Insurance Partners
Our systems do the hard work, quickly matching the insurance that best suits your business.
We do all the hard work analysing insurance policies and their covers to match them against your business risks and needs.
Our expertise insuring thousands of businesses means we know the questions to ask you.
We find the right insurance for your needs and because we operate online we have lower costs to pass more savings on to you.
You can access and update your information at any time of the day and night, when it suits you most.
What is Association Liability Insurance?
Designed for not-for-profit organisations, Association Liability Insurance covers the office bearers and employees against personal liability for breaches of their duties as well as the organisation’s liability.
Association Liability Insurance can help your business survive the unexpected, with minimum losses.
What Risks May an Association Liability Insurance Policy Cover?
Just as every business is unique, so are the risks that they face, and in the case of property damage, these risks can be almost impossible to predict. For example:
- A busy charity shop manager signs a financial report without properly examining it. There is a mistake on the report, which results in legal action being taken out against the company. Appropriate insurance may protect the Manager and the wider business against costs incurred as a result.
- A parent is visiting their child’s gymnastics class and is injured after tripping over equipment that has been left out. The gymnastics club may be held liable for any damages and costs incurred as a result, such as medical expenses or loss of wages due to the injury.
- A helper at a playgroup designs the organisation’s website, unknowingly using unlicensed images. As a result, the image owners take legal action and the playgroup incurs costs in the form of legal defence and compensation payouts.
What Are the Key Things That May Be Covered By Associations Liability Insurance cover?
PSC Direct have access to a range of leading Association Liability solutions designed to protect the specific risks of your Club or Association. Management Liability is the key insurance policy for Association Liability insurance and provides protection to past, present and future directors and officers for claims against them.
A Management Liability Insurance policy provides cover for the following:
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Company Reimbursement
- Statutory Liability
- Crime (Theft by an Employee).
Alternatively, we can also advise whether your organisation needs additional insurance cover, including:
- Public liability Insurance: to protect you against claims from third parties as a result of negligent acts. For example, if someone slips on a wet floor and is injured from the fall. It is also important to consider Product Liability Insurance, particularly if you sell food or products as part of your day-to-day operations or for fundraising.
- Special Events Insurance: many Club or Association run special events for fundraising or as part of their community services. For example if third parties such as market stall holders or performers are invited to attend the event, your Club or Association will need to be organise a separate organisers liability exposure.
- Personal Accident Insurance (Volunteer Insurance): If your Club or Association benefits from the assistance of Volunteers, it is important to protect both the volunteer’s exposure to injury, and claims made for negligence against the volunteer personally, and/or the organisation.
Who Needs Association Liability Insurance?
While many of the key members of clubs and community organisations are voluntary (such as directors, officers and employees), there is still potential for mistakes or disagreements over the operation of you Club or Association.
This means that the assets of both the Association itself and the volunteer Directors could be subject to claims. As a key member of an Association, you are also exposed to lawsuits from a range of third parties, such as:
- The entity itself – the non-profit Association may bring action against its directors and officers;
- Directors – a director suing another board member;
- The people you are in business to help (the beneficiaries);
- Donors or other contributors, or;
- Government officials and departments who interact with, or act in the interests of your Association.
How PSC Direct works for you
As specialist small business insurance brokers, PSC Direct uses our considerable experience to provide multiple quotes for you. Combining our expertise insuring thousands of other similar businesses with our detailed database of insurers and insurance products; we’re best placed to advise you on the right insurance for your business.
We have strong relationships with the leading underwriting agencies and insurance companies. We can source the most appropriate business insurance policy for you, covering you for what you really need, at the right price.
We can help sole practitioners, small, medium and large businesses protect the businesses you are growing and ensure your assets are covered in the event that disaster strikes.
With our strong relationships to a broad range of highly-rated insurers we are able to advise you on business insurance, professional indemnity insurance, and professional indemnity insurance specifically tailored to meet the risk exposure of your business.
We can also provide advice on a range of additional insurance policies and cover that can affect your business and make sure you have the right insurance at the right price.
72% of Australian businesses fail after experiencing a major loss.
The right business insurance will ensure you are not one of them.
While good insurance covers you for most things – Professional Indemnity, Professional Liability and Property, great insurance covers you for the specific risks that your business faces. We understand that every business is unique and you need a policy that addresses the specifics. We make sure that when you have a claim that’s out of the ordinary and complicated, you’re covered.